Westland Insurance Group
Posted in General Business
11 months ago
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 122854
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON; Brossard, QC; Burlington, ON; Calgary, AB; Edmonton, AB; Fredericton, NB; Halifax, NS; Kanata, ON; Kitchener, ON; Langley, BC; Laval, QC; Moncton, NB; Montreal, QC; Ottawa, ON; Quebec City, QC; Regina, SK; Saint John, NB; Saskatoon, SK; St. John's, NL; Vancouver, BC; Vaughan, ON; Victoria, BC; Windsor, ON; Winnipeg, MB
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Contract position: 14 months
Do you thrive on communicating creative and innovative insights to solve complex challenges through storytelling?
Want to be part of next-generation, cutting edge projects that deliver outstanding value?
Are you looking to work for a world-class organization that provides an exceptional career experience with an inclusive and collaborative culture?
Join the People Experience (PEX) team as the Manager, Communications, Change and Quality Assurance!
What will your typical day look like?
The Manager, Communications, Change and Quality Assurance will be responsible for acting as the lead communication designate and assist with project managing key programs and critical projects across the team. The individual will oversee a portfolio of communication initiatives tied to various PEX functions, including Total Rewards, Reporting, Performance Management, M&A, Policy, Onboarding, Benefits & Wellness and Mobility.
Responsibilities will include:
• Acting as the main point-of-contact for all small- and large-scale communications outputs
• Assisting with strategic projects and initiatives from a communication and change perspective
• Building communication plans and materials, using PowerPoint, to support the rollout of PEX programs and projects (new, enhanced and cyclical)
• Ensuring communication effectiveness, quality and cohesion across People Experience functions
• Working closely with the Partner, People Experience on an executive communication plan, including monthly messages and organizing quarterly All Hands meetings
• Connecting the dots between PEX priorities and the larger Culture & People priorities through various communication tactics and storytelling
• Robust knowledge of and strong ability to utilize various project management principles
• Working collaboratively among internal business teams
• Championing communication approaches and strategies when working through projects by providing ongoing oversight and guidance to team members
• Actively looking for ways to improve communication outputs within the portfolio
About the team
People Experience is a key function of the Culture & People Office (CPO). The role of the team is to drive leading practices and processes by applying deep HR functional knowledge, a strong understanding of business imperatives, and leading trends to deliver market leadership. We do this by:
• Acting as a steward of the employee experience, with services aligned to key employee lifecycle milestones and our "I could have only done it at Deloitte" people experience
• Focusing on the employee journey by delivering end-to-end operational and strategic experiences through defined processes that are standard for all business segments
• Establishing program services to support complex, escalated, or strategic process/cycle needs
Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
• 4-7 years of progressive experience in communications, public relations, marketing or a related field
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Expertise using core software including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Proven experience with building effective stakeholder relationships at all levels of the business
• Demonstrated ability to develop executive level presentations, memos and status update materials
• Adaptive to a fast-paced environment, including navigating ambiguity with ease, and finding clarity for the team
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail, including being able to multi-task and problem solve effectively
• Previous experience within the Professional or Financial Services sector considered an asset
• A relevant Degree (e.g. Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, business or a related field, or a specialized diploma in communications combined with extensive experience)
*Due to the nature of the role having interactions with National & Global clients, English is required for this position.
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Job Segment: QA, Quality Assurance, PR, Marketing Communications, QC, Quality, Technology, Marketing