Health, Safety and Environment Intern (Summer 2022)Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The HSE & Security function sets Group-wide policies for health, safety, environment, security and crisis management which gives the fully accountable business their license to operate.It facilitates Group decision bodies and collaboration across the businesses, providing strategic guidance, governance and performance monitoring. The function also identifies and mitigates risks related to the corporate legal entity and is leading globally on security e.g., Crisis Management and Travel Risk Management. The HSE & Security function contributes to a vital competitive edge by supporting the business to capitalize on market opportunities, reduce risks and enabling business resilience for the benefit of our customers, employees and other stakeholders.
- Participate in the promotion of a health and safety culture;
- Participate in the organization of national HSE meetings
- Participate in the updating of the inside+ HSE web page
- Contribute to the outreach of sustainability activities and promote Sustainability projects;
- Participate in joint efforts with other functions in the promotion of corporate social responsibility.
- Contribute to external activities related to ABB's sustainability
- Actively participate in the preparation of HSE reports
- Contribute to internal HSE and Sustainability communication activities
More about us
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in occupational health and safety and sustainable development
- Demonstrate an open mind
- Have a positive attitude
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Motivation to be a member of the HSE team
- Ability to compromise
- Have good judgment
- Demonstrate good analytical skills
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our websitewww.abb.com.For the 4th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada's top employers by Forbes Magazine and has been ranked #1 within the industry category. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, and Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.#LI-hybrid