Continuous Improvement Intern (Fall 2022)Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Motion Services serve customers around the globe with innovative services to maximize performance, uptime and energy efficiency throughout the lifetime of electrical motion solutions. Electrical motion is applied everywhere in industries, cities, infrastructure and transportation and is a cornerstone of the energy revolution. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We drive innovations through digitalization and make the difference for our customers and partners every day. ABB Motion keeps the world turning, while saving energy every day.Industrial Engineering or Operations Management internship position available, the selected candi-date will work on projects and initiatives under the supervision of the Head of Project Management. As part of the team, you will have exposure to a group employing process engineering tools that are part of our methodology. Our methodology includes aspects of Lean, Six Sigma, Business Process Management, Project Management, and Change Management that are aimed at ensuring a seamless execution of improvements for our business.Industrial Engineering or Operations Management internship position available, the selected candidate will work on projects and initiatives under the supervision of the Head of Project Management. As part of the team, you will have exposure to a group employing process engineering tools that are part of our methodology. Our methodology includes aspects of Lean, Six Sigma, Business Process Management, Project Management, and Change Management that are aimed at ensuring a seamless execution of improvements for our business.
- Applying the DMAIC principles in mapping out our current end to end booking process for our project business. Starting from the proposal stage until delivery completion to customer and capturing the opportunities for improvement.
- Concentrating on standardizing the order booking process in SAP, to align with ordering conditions/constraints of various ABB factories.
- Work cross functionally with Sales, Proposal Team, & Project Management in the design of our future state.
- Provide support in creating scope of work of future state for all key positions within the service value chain.
- Identify and implement metrics to monitor the future state to ensure it works as intended.
- Apply a structured methodology to change management process and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required for our future state.
- Ability to present recommendations, plans, and results to management.
More about us
- Currently pursuing a university degree, preferably in operations management or industrial engineering.
- Passion for not being satisfied with the status quo.
- Demonstrated experience with Lean & Six Sigma methodology or equivalent.
- Excellent organization, time management, and attention-to-detail abilities.
- Experience with Excel, Visio and Power Point.
- SAP knowledge will be considered an asset.
- Ability to write and speak French & English.
- Possibility for extension part-time or full-time during Winter 2023 semester.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our websitewww.abb.com.For the 4th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada's top employers by Forbes Magazine and has been ranked #1 within the industry category. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, and Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.#LI-Hybrid