Product ManagerTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
****Referral bonus premium $1,500.00****ABB Installation Products Division (formerly Thomas&Betts),is the number one manufacturer of electrification products in North America with a 125-year history of providing innovation and customer- focused solutions for connecting and protecting electrical systems, as well as a unique differentiated medium voltage offering. Our products are used all around you, every day - orbiting the earth, working on Mars, on the fastest trains we ride, in the fastest cars of the world, crossing oceans, in factories producing your food, in the tallest buildings of the world, in the most modern hotels and in the walls of your home. With a portfolio of more than 200,000 products marketed under more than 38 premium brand names, our Division offerings are found wherever electricity is used. In this role, you will be a key member of the product management and marketing team in ABB's Electrification Installation Products (ELIP) formerly Thomas & Betts. You will be responsible for the immediate and long-term profitable growth and marketing of the portfolio. You will also oversee all steps in the life cycle of products, systems or services, including development, launch, maintenance, pricing and profitability of ELIP's products in Canada. The incumbent (individual) will accomplish this through the management of the strategic product roadmap, building demand generating marketing plans for their assigned products, and other assigned responsibilities.
- Taking accountability for end-to-end P&L accountability of the portfolio, and ensuring profitability is in line with business goals and to ensure ability to fulfil customer orders. Tracking and analyzes product and systems performance and trends.
- Manages both new and existing products; leads life cycle management process from phase-in to phase-out to ensure current and future market requirements are met and maximizes profitability.
- Collaborates with internal Marketing and Sales teams to define the marketing plan, communication, training, and sales initiatives to ensure best market coverage.
- Collaborating closely with sales to develop regional and national growth strategies. Collaboratively meet with customers to understand their needs.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with new and existing customers to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction. Understands customer needs in the market by visiting customers. Develops and implements product support and product training to ensure high customer satisfaction.
- Creating and delivering product training to internal teams.
- Owns product road map. Works with R&D to propose and evaluate product feasibility projects and roadmaps for new products; responsibility for achievement of targets (product characteristics, time, costs, pay-back).
- Market intelligence analysis such as identifying potential gaps in portfolio, both against competition and new market opportunity.
- Ensures technical and commercial support to sales force for critical or special negotiations.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Marketing, Engineering, or related field.
- Min. 5 years of experience in product management, sales is required.
- Experience in electrical construction (asset).
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communications skills both written and verbal; bilingual.
- Experience with customer relations via service, visits, relationships, etc. (asset)
- Comfortable with taking critical decisions combined with a strong sense of ownership.
- Available for travelling (20 - 30 % of time: Mostly in Canada)
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Healthcare plan
- Accident insurance
- Wellbeing program
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.For the 8th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada's top employers by Forbes Magazine. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, Canada's Greenest Employers and in 2021 Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and support-ed. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.#LI-Hybrid
This job has expired.