Corporate Communications Intern (Fall 2022)Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB's Electrification organization is responsible for the go-to-market strategy and generating profitable growth for the Electrification Business Area. Our 10,000 strong commercial team represents the portfolio of all Electrification Business Area Divisions in over 100 countries. Our unmatched domain expertise across key industry verticals and channels combined with our truly global footprint makes us able to deliver extraordinary business results, supporting our customers with solutions which address their current needs, whilst considering the future emerging trends such as Urbanization, Digitalization and Shift to Electricity and Sustainable Energy.ABB is a leading global engineering company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. In Canada, ABB has a history of excellence spanning more than a hundred years of Canadian innovation. ABB pushes the boundaries of technology to drive performance to new levels with its' four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation. You will provide vital support to the Communications team as well as various ABB business areas and divisions in Canada. Reporting to the Country Communications Manager, you will help engage internal and external stakeholders to drive efficient services in a variety of areas.
- Live ABB's core values (Courage, Care, Curiosity and Collaboration) by:
- Taking action and managing consequences, speaking up and asking for help, and taking calculated risks to create success
- Taking care of our customers, our people and the environment, respecting and valuing differences, and doing what is right while acting with integrity.
- Believing there is always a better way to do things, leading through innovation and learning from failures and successes
- Believing that smart people collaborate, building on each other's strengths and success and partnering with our customers.
- Create compelling and engaging content that tells the ABB story for various channels for both, internal and external audiences.
- Be actively involved in the coordination and execution of internal and external events.
- Support the team with administrative tasks that help streamline communications activities.
- Juggle multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Complete all other tasks that are deemed appropriate for your role and assigned by your manager.
- Boost customer satisfaction by performing all tasks to high quality standards, in line with relevant processes and guidelines.
More about us
- Second year+ university student.
- Available to start immediately on a four-month mandate.
- Ability to write and speak English and French.
- Creative and enthusiastic.
- Strong communication skills and excellent organizational ability.
- Ability to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 suite.
- Independent self-starter able to work diligently in complex environments.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our websitewww.abb.com.For the 4th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada's top employers by Forbes Magazine and has been ranked #1 within the industry category. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, and Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.#LI-Hybrid