Overview Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you! Job Skills / Requirements
To: All Security Personnel
Re: Job Posting
Position: Security Guard
City: Stratford, ON
Status: Full Time
Hours: Wed & Thrus (2300-0700), Fri & Sat (2300-1100)
Pay Rate: $17.85/hr. "Rates are based on a levelling system"
- Responding to and reporting all incidents of criminal activity, suspicious activity, and hazardous situations
- Unlocking and locking doors and offices
- Providing access control
- Providing a uniform security presence within various locations and customer service areas
- Deterring and enforcing prohibited acts such as loitering, panhandling, smoking, skateboarding, and cycling
- Ensuring the buildings are secured after hours.
- Completing patrols with the use of an electronic guard tour
- Ability to work alone or in a team.
- Enthusiastically conducts proactive patrols, and be able to address policy breeches, and note facility concerns.
- Ability to write detailed incident reports for all emergency and day to day activities.
- Attend and investigate security alarms and emergencies in a timely and professional manner as not to create a panic amongst the public.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons.
- Ability to de-escalate a crisis, provide support and liaise with emergency personnel including police, fire, and paramedic resources.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Logging in/out of Key, Radio, and pager audits
- Handle Lost & Found items and inquiries.
- Report any unsafe working conditions in any/all departments.
- Ability to provide first aid and medical response when required to any person(s)
- Respond to all types of occurrences.
- Patrol interior and exterior
- Deployment may vary within the Region.
- Will need your own means of transportation (vehicle)
- Requirement to travel within shifts.
At the time of the interview applicant must be able to produce proof of completion of the following prerequisites:
- Extensive Paid Industry Training
- Employer Paid Benefits
- Opportunities for Growth & Advancement
- Immunization Record
- COVID Double Vaccination Receipt
- A Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- Vulnerable Sector Check
- Proficient in English (both oral and written)
Additional Information / Benefits We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
This job has expired.