Regional Sales ManagerTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB's NEMA Motors Division markets, designs and manufactures the market-leading Baldor-Reliance® brand of industrial motors. As the #1 global manufacturer of NEMA motors, our quality products are designed to reliably and efficiently meet the challenges our customers face. Our business is investing in technology, tools, people and processes to ensure our general purpose and application-specific solutions perform as expected, every time. The successful candidate will be responsible for regionalizing and managing sales strategies for the regional Motion sales team. Responsibilities will include deployment of business development initiatives and customer account coverage strategies to reach and surpass Sales targets for the promotion and sales of Electric Motors and Variable frequency drives for ABB's Motion business area in the Western Region (AB, BC & Yukon).Particular focus will be placed on regional pipeline management and forecasting to build and execute a successful sales plan. The successful candidate will work closely with National sales management, division leaders and industry segment managers to ensure increased market penetration and YoY growth.
- Develop and drive implementation of the regional sales growth strategy for the assigned region.
- Ensure achievement of sales volume and product mix targets.
- Manage, support and coach sales team to maintain regional pipeline level in line with budget expectation.
- Drive regional actions key pursuits of end users, OEMs and System Integrators.
- Identify opportunities with existing and potential customers and determine penetration strategy.
- Develop and maintains a strong relationship with key accounts and regional decision makers.
- In collaboration with local account managers, manage channel partners Annual Order Plan and conduct Quarterly Business Review. Define & support key actions to close gaps to budget if necessary.
- Manage the regional opportunity funnel and create monthly and quarterly order forecast.
- Coach Front end Sales team to make winning decisions, plan better, and effectively allocate resources based on customer needs and potential for growth.
- Build and manage long term customer relationships and manage resolution to specific customer needs and issues. Identify and develop sales opportunities. Ensures a positive customer experience throughout the sales process.
- Prepares account plans using company tools, including SALESFORCE.com. Performs regular status reviews and proposes recovery plan(s) in cases of potential order shortfalls.
- Creates added value for the customer and ABB and ensures the successful outcome of transactions, contracts, and proposals by using effective sales techniques. Communicates details in accordance with ABB offering and strategy (delivery time, payments, and general terms and conditions).
- Ensures efficient marketing activities and value proposition to customers.
- Identifies and drives the development of new market opportunities in the designated market and ensures know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Manages administrative procedures in sales processes and supports collection and project management activities when needed.
- Prepares offers in coordination with the bid and proposal department and/or the Marketing Manager. Ensures appropriate technical and financial aspects of offers, including prices and trading conditions.
- 5 years of experience in sales.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited post-secondary institution , preference towards Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Good knowledge of Electrical Motors and Variable Speed Drives.
- Ability to travel 30-40% of the time.
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Accident insurance
- Wellbeing program
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our websitewww.abb.com.For the 4th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada's top employers by Forbes Magazine and has been ranked #1 within the industry category. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, and Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.#LI-Hybrid