Department: Engineering and Environmental Technologies
Posting Date: June 20, 2022
Effective Date: September 2022 to December 2022
Reporting to the Associate Dean, the incumbent develops and delivers courses in the Electromechanical Engineering - Mechatronics Advanced Diploma. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering courses related to computer systems and computer engineering related to industrial systems such as Principles of Programming, Internet of Things Using Arduinos, Web Interfaces, Database Systems for Mechatronics and Smart Manufacturing
- Developing and delivering appropriate curriculum to meet course objectives
- Incorporating a variety of teaching / learning strategies to meet student needs
- Evaluating student learning progress / academic achievement
- Participating in program and college activities as required
- Participating in program revision and renewal activities as required
- Creating and maintaining a positive learning environment
- Successfully completed a recognized bachelors degree program in the field of computer science or computer engineering (or equivalent); or significant industry experience with related advanced diploma program, is required
- A minimum of two years' experience in a related industry
- Industry experience with mechatronics systems, industrial automation or smart manufacturing
- Experience with microcontrollers and sensor interfacing
- Programming using C and/or the Arduino wiring language
- Databases and web interface development an asset
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and conflict resolution skills
- Commitment to life-long learning
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and to foster the same in students
- Experience in some or all of the following is an asset: curriculum development, a variety of delivery strategies, adult learning methodologies, academic advising, and student success strategies
- Teaching and Training Adults certification is an asset
- Current membership, or affiliation, with relevant professional associations (e.g. OACETT) is an asset
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination and is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. We invite applications from all qualified candidates and actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including, but not limited to persons of Indigenous ancestry, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, women and members of the 2SLGBTQ community. If you are contacted to participate in the interview, please advise the coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process. This position will be open until filled.
While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
This job has expired.