Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
GHD is looking for an Intermediate-Senior Environmental Scientist/Engineer to join our Contaminant Assessment & Remediation Team in the Ottawa, Ontario office. Our Ottawa Team specializes in environmental site assessment, risk assessment, remediation, waste management, and water services. Our team also supports brownfield redevelopment projects, complex site assessments and remediation services, and provides environmental services to both public and private sector clients across North America.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of projects & clients
- Develop business with new clients and expand business with existing clients
- Direct technical work on projects (environmental site assessments, contaminated sites investigations and remediations, etc.), and supervise junior and intermediate staff
- Issue reports and liaise with clients
- Work in cooperation with a multi-disciplinary project team to complete projects incorporating, but not limited to, environmental site assessments ( Phase I to IV Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs); , contaminated sites investigation and remediation, solid waste management, building decommissioning, and waste discharge permitting
- Data compilation, analysis, and evaluation using the application of engineering principles and problem solving skills under the supervision of a project director
- Prepare technical documents, including draft work plans, reports, and correspondence
- Develop technical designs, including design reports, specifications, drawings, and tender documents
- Prepare project support documents, including health and safety plans
- Communicate with vendors and contractors
- Contract administration and cost control
- Manage and oversee field work, including environmental monitoring, drilling oversight, and remediation contractor oversight
- Research, review and understand provincial and federal acts, and regulations
- Lead design and project management meetings
- Prepare and issue proposals
- Other duties as assigned/required
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Engineering, Geoscience Degree ; Graduate degree in Science or Engineering considered an asset.
- P.Eng. designation with Professional Engineers of Ontario (required), or P.Geo. Ontario Geoscientists preferred
- 5-9 years of consulting experience in the environmental field in Ontario.
- Excellent project management skills
- Focused on growing the business and practice, as well as expanding clientele under the direction of the Team Leader, Business Group Leader
- Proficient with provincial (MECP) and the federal (CCME) guidelines for contaminated sites assessments
- Experience with submissions for provincial regulatory instruments such as Environmental Compliance Approvals (ECAs)
- Experience with investigation of federal sites (CCME guidelines)
- Experience with supervision of junior and intermediate staff
- A motivated, self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Detail oriented and organized
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as technical writing abilities
- Bilingual capabilities considered an asset
- Possession of a valid driver's license and a personal vehicle
- Available to coordinate or work on sites throughout the office, province or outside the province, on occasion
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
This job has expired.